10 Aug LGBT+ Awareness Training – September 18th – Exeter Office
On 18th September, Intercom will be hosting an open training session for our LGBT+ Awareness Training. Our training is designed to offer a safe space and improve the knowledge and confidence of all participants.
This training will give practitioners several key competencies:
• Practitioners have an understanding of the social, legal and medical pathways in relation to gender non-conformity and gender dysphoria.
• Practitioners have knowledge of the Equality Act, gender recognition Act and the laws relating to LGBT+.
• Practitioners have an understanding of internalised homophobia and transphobia, biphobia and its consequences and impact on people.
• Practitioners have more confidence in use of language and understand stereotyping.
• Practitioners have more understanding about intersectionality, identity and issues of gender and sexual orientation.
• Practitioners have more confidence when working with people who are LGBT+.
The session will be 3 hours, CPD accredited, at our Exeter office. Click here to book tickets via our Eventbrite page.